I created a video while making this raw vegan veggie noodle soup for lunch today because it’s been so rainy and chilly around here and soup sounded so darn good. While I did boil the water I still consider this meal raw because it certainly did not cook the veggies in the soup… however I didn’t just dump the water in the bowl from a boil as you’ll see in the video below.
I figured instead of typing out all of the directions here in this post I’ll just outline the ingredients I used and encourage you to watch my video below for the recipe
I also want to take the time to encourage you to use whatever veggies you happen to have at home to make this work.
For instance you can use lots of things instead of or in addition to zucchini (which is what I used) for the noodles such as shredded carrots, kelp noodles, spaghetti squash, or even brown rice. Any veggies will work too! Think broccoli, celery, and even tomatoes.
Here is what I used for 2 servings:
- 1 zucchini spiralized and then chopped into short noodles (you can shred, peel, or chop to get noodles too)
- 4 crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 small red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- Freshly sliced oregano to taste
- About a cup of homemade leftover veggie broth (see video for alternatives)
- Boiled and slightly cooled water to taste
Again, use whatever veggies you have around! This is a great warming meal for the season. Without further ado, join me in creating this tasty soup now!