I have tried a variety of recipes for raw vegan Pad Thai, most of which were very tasty! It helps that hubby and I are serious Thai food fanatics… in fact we love Asian food in general. Well, we love Italian food too! Come to think of it, we are really into Indian good as well. I guess we’re just foodies at heart
Anyway, a couple of nights ago I was in the kitchen trying to come up with something easy and cool for dinner. It had been a long and hot day, and we just wanted to relax and literally chill out. What I came up with was a surprisingly simple version of raw vegan Pad Thai that can be considered nothing more than just a tasty salad by most people!
If you have a hankering for some Asian fare but you don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, consider making this raw vegan Pad Thai sometime soon.
Here is what you’ll need:
For the Pad Thai salad:
- 8 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 small carrots, shredded or diced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ¼ cup currants or raisins
- 1 small sweet pepper, diced
- .5 cup chopped mushrooms, sliced thinly (optional)
For the Pad Thai sauce:
- 4 dates of any kind
- Juice of 1 lime (lemon should work fine, but will offer a slightly different flavor)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp raw almond butter (or any nut butter of choice… Tahini would be nice!)
- 2 Tsp Coconut Aminos (Or Braggs liquid aminos, tamari, etc.)
- About an 1/8 cup of water for texture
Fill two large bowls with about 4 cups of shredded cabbage each, this will act as the Pad Thai “noodles”. Place half of each remaining salad ingredient in each of the bowls and set them aside. In a small blender or food processor, mix the Pad Thai sauce ingredients until thoroughly combined. Start with just a small amount of water and add more as needed to create a thick yet easily pourable sauce. Once ready, simply pour half of the sauce onto each bowl of raw vegan Pad Thai and enjoy!