Who says a rich and satisfying pasta dinner has to be filled with tons of calories and weigh you down for the rest of the day? The beauty of creating raw food meals is the ability to create filling and tasty foods without having to count calories or worry about whether the indulgence is going to end up on your hips!
This take on mushroom pasta can easily be adapted to be fed to both raw and cooked foodies which makes it an easy recipe for mixed households. Simply use your vegetable peeler and create some fettuccini like noodles out of some zucchini (1-2 per person), then boil some quinoa or buckwheat noodles for whoever would prefer them. Throw together the following veggie marinade and toss with your pasta noodles! Serve with a salad and dinner is ready.
- Sliced mushrooms of choice, about ½ cup per person
- Sliced bell peppers, any color, about 1 cup
- Chopped spinach, about ½ cup per person
- 1/2 Tbsp liquid aminos, tamari or shoyu per ½ cup mushrooms used
- 1 Tsp cold pressed organic olive oil per ½ cup mushrooms used
- ¼ cup chopped basil or about 2 Tbsp dried herbs
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
Toss it all together and let it marinade for at least 30 minutes before tossing with your pasta noodles.