I’m not into eating what comes off the grill at most barbeque parties (occasionally I’ll have some grilled zucchini if it takes some heat off of my eating habits at social events!) so I came up with this meal about a year ago and it has been my go to recipe for picnics, family get-togethers, and on days when I am hungry and short on time. The whole family loves this raw vegan BBQ plate, even those who don’t usually like veggie “pasta”. It offers tons of flavor and it takes literally minutes to put together.
What You Will Need: (Serves 4)
- 4 Cobs of Corn
- 4 Medium of 2 Large Carrots
- 2 Small or 1 Large Zucchini
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms of Choice (I use button or portabella mushrooms most often)
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 2 Large Tomatoes of Choice
- ½ Cup Sundried Tomatoes soaked in fresh water for at least 2 hours
- 2 Dates or ½ Tbsp Coconut Nectar (or favorite sweetener)
- ¼ Cup Diced Onion
- Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Fresh Herbs to Taste (you can use dried if you like)
- Salt to Taste
- Black Pepper to Taste
- Jalapeño or Habanera to Taste
Spiralize or peel the zucchini and carrots to create your noodles and toss them together in a big bowl. Put the ingredients for the BBQ sauce in a food processor and blend until well combined. You can either toss the mushrooms and sauce with the noodles before serving or put the noodles on the dish and then top them with the sauce and mushrooms.
Simply sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the corn to serve and consider adding other veggies to the mix as well such as fresh green beans, bell pepper strips, and onion slices. If you are so inclined you can toss the veggies in a big bowl with the salt and pepper along with a little cold pressed olive oil. This recipe has a lot of room for creativity to spice it up so have fun!